Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review for ScreenR

This week I will be reviewing a technology application called Screenr for the purposes of giving feedback to students' writing online.


I recorded my initial review using the screencapture/audio recording. You can listen to me verbally fumble with this technology here.


Overall Review:

Platforms?
Mac and PC
Smartphone compatible

Lag?
Not that I could tell--I recorded the capture with 4 bars of wireless Internet access. I would not even try this kind of recording in my office, where I usually have only 1-2 bars.

Video Quality?
While the preview is not in HD, the final published versions of casts are automatically formatted into HD.

Length of Recording?
Sorry ScreenR, but 5 minutes just isn't enough for me. Please put out an expanded version!

Methods of Sharing?
  • "Like" through Facebook
  • Tweet through Twitter
  • Embed HTML code
  • URL Address
  • Download as an .mp4 file
  • Publish to YouTube

My Preference for Sharing?
I would probably prefer to post these to a teacher channel on YouTube, but for me, that brings up questions of student privacy--even though it isn't sharing a grade. I'm thinking about directly emailing links to students instead.

So all in all, I am still considering this application, but I want to do more research before I marry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment